Sunday, April 8, 2012

I saw Jesus today

I saw Jesus today standing in the street. He had no shoes upon his swollen, hurting feet. His clothes were covered in rips and mud, and in his hands boar a sign. My heart began to ache as I read out loud what it said. “Hungry will work for food” why did nobody help? Why was he all alone? How could they just pass him by? I did not understand. Why we all would pass by, and disregard the son of man.
I saw Jesus today sitting in a jail. His face was old, and lonely. The markings were all clear. No one came near him. Nowhere were visitors near. I could not believe my eyes. Why was he treated this way? Would no one come and visit him to brighten up his day?
I saw Jesus today standing in the rain. Nowhere was there shelter. He had no place to rest. I did not understand why no one invited him home, invited him to say. This is Jesus after all! Our Savior remember? The one who died for us! The one who set us free! Why are all you doing this? How can you be so mean?
And then like lightning it struck me. I do this all the time. Jesus is here in every face I see, and when I reject them. I’m rejecting he. He who made me as I am. The one we say we love, but if we really do why can’t we show the kindness he would give? To someone who is hungry. To someone who’s in jail, for someone with no place to rest their weary head.
Why can’t we? That’s easy. Our eyes are closed to see. We sometimes forget what Jesus would do, for those who are in need. He would help them, and show his love. We need to do the same, and remember he saved our souls. He set each of us free. Shouldn’t we proclaim that to the world? I mean hey it’s only eternity.
By Deanna Bridges

No comments:

Post a Comment