Sunday, October 2, 2011

Shine your light and let the whole world see...

  
Okay at church today we were singing that song.

{My savior he can move the mountains.  My God is mighty to save.  He is mighty to save.  Forever, author of salvation he came and conquered the grave.  Jesus conquered the grave.  Shine your light and let the whole world see.   We’re singing for the glory of the risen King.  Jesus.  Shine your light and let the whole world see.   We’re singing for the glory of the risen King}

So anyways as we were singing that song this entire scenario popped in my head, so I was like okay God what would you have me do, so he told me to write it down, and share it with all of you. I just thought this was really cool.
   
     Darkness fell on the entire Earth. All light, hope, faith, and love seemed to disappear within a blink of an eye. Evil had won. Demons everywhere were rejoicing.  Cries of pain and anguish permeated throughout the entire planet.  It was almost like everybody was united in fear, agony, and hopelessness. Some try to take their own lives, but evil wouldn’t let them die.  The sun no longer shined, and all the stars and moon no longer lit up the sky.  It was darkness pure darkness.  Not even artificial light was permitted.  Everybody who was left lived in constant fear.  Somehow I had lost my way.  I looked around the street.  I couldn’t even see my hand in front of my face, but I knew many people just like me were standing all around, most of them screaming in agony, and the laughter of demons rang out like nails on a chalkboard.   At the moment I just stood there paralyzed with fear.  Terrified of what was to come not knowing what I was going to do, and then something amazing happened. I remembered. It was just one thought one word, but that one word held so much power.  That one word could save my life.  That one word can turn darkness into light.  Jesus I said that over, and, over, and over in my head. I hit my knees knowing I had messed up.  I knew all along what I should do, and yet I ran from it. I ran away from the one person who could have saved me this agony. I knew at any moment evil would come for me. The demons eventually got to everyone; it was only a matter of time before I was screaming in pain for the torture that was soon to come, but then just before fear overtook me again; I remembered the name. That name could move mountains.  That name could save. That name had the power to heal, to cast out evil, to raise the dead, and to bring light into a darkened world. 

     I knew what I had to do.  It didn’t make any sense to me.  It was suicide.  It was only a matter of time before I was stopped, but I heard God speaking to me, and he told me to praise him. I know I wouldn’t die when they came for me. They never killed anybody; you were not allowed to die. I was terrified, but despite my fears I could not hold back any longer.  I hit my knees and begged God to forgive me. I was wrong.  I sinned, but I knew when I asked he had forgiven me.   Still on my knees I began to sing.  I sang amazing Grace.  It was soft at first, but soon my voice rang out through the darkness, and I raise my hands to heaven praising, and worshiping God, and thanking him. Despite my situation nothing was going to stop me from praising Jesus name. Silence fell and I knew people around me were shocked. One girl yelled out in a hushed whisper.  Are you suicidal? Keep it down you will bring them right to us! I ignored her and kept singing.  She got angry at me.  How dare you sing praises to him! Don’t you know he forgot about us! He’s allowing this to happen, he doesn’t care about any of us! He doesn’t care about you! I just sang louder, and then something amazing happened.

      I felt warm.  It’s hard to describe, but the darkness has been constant for longer than I care to remember. Everybody is always cool all the time, but this warmness I was feeling.  It felt like the sun was shining down on me.  I opened my eyes shocked.  There it was a light.  The most beautiful glorious light I had ever seen.  It had been so long since I had seen any sort of light, and there it was bright, and shiny like a little ball.  It was coming from me; I smiled and sang all the more.  Excitement was now shooting through me, and as I continued to sing praises to my king.  The light grew.  Soon it encased me in a sort of bubble. They had come now furious that someone was singing praises to him.   I knew they were coming for me, but I didn’t care and I would not stop singing, and then something even more miraculous took place. They could not touch me! As long as I was singing to my king, as long as I was focused on him evil could not lay a hand on me.

     In the distance another voice joined in with mine, and we both began singing praises to God.  It wasn’t long before I saw who it was; because, there light exploded a protective bubble around them. Then one by one people everywhere began to drop on their knees, ask for forgiveness, and sing praises to God.  Just like that lights everywhere began to spark, so much so that darkness began running scared trying to find places to hide from the powerful light of God. Other people who were in darkness began to reach out and touch those who were singing.  The Spirit of God came upon them, and they too were filled with his light dropped to their knees, and began to sing praises to him. It seemed mere moments before the entire town was encased in light, and it spread like a forest fire throughout the globe. From city, to country until everyone was singing!
    
      Evil began to scream. NO THIS IS OUR TIME! WE WON! NO! Nobody paid any attention. People were smiling. Everybody kept singing, and then I saw him. It was Jesus! He came down from the clouds and stood a mere few feet away from me. Evil let out a blood wrenching scream.  He waved his hand at them all as if he was swatting at annoying fly, and just like that they were cast out of Earth.   There was only one dark spot left, and I knew who it was. The girl who had yelled at me to stop singing, she stood there in shock unable to move. Jesus looked at her, and she hit the floor a mass of tears. He walked over to her, and touched her.  The instant his hand rested on her the rest of the darkness flied and she was encased in light. She bowed lower in tears repeating how sorry she was, and begging for forgiveness.  I watched him as he picked her up wiping her tears, and said I already have. People erupted in shouts.  Evil was vanquished. Darkness was gone, and only the light of God and his glory incased the earth.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment